Aine's Banner


Ballymote














Ballymote is situated 15 miles south of Sligo Town in an area considered to be the best for coarse fishing in Co. Sligo.
Ballymote is a pleasant town with an 18 hole golf course, tennis, etc. It is also conveniently close to Keash Hill and Caves.
Ballymote has both bus and rail connections and is the perfect base for touring the North West counties.


Ballymote is first mentioned in the Four Masters where it is stated that
Ballymote Castle was built by De Burgo, the Red Earl in the year 1300.
The famous Book of Ballymote was compiled in Ballymote Castle about 1391.
The Book is a window on the past and a rare treasure from an area noted for it's historic heritage.




Click Images below for full size Pics.
(Please wait for page to Fully Load)



Railway_Station.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[60 KB]

Emlaghfad_Church.jpg
450x600 16.7M
[48 KB]

Emlaghfad_Plaque.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[62 KB]

Memorial_Bridge.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[62 KB]

Peoples_Park.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[58 KB]

Peoples_Park1.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[60 KB]

Church_RC.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[57 KB]

Walfrid2.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[60 KB]

Wallfrid3.jpg
600x290 16.7M
[55 KB]

Ballymote1.jpg
512x332 16.7M
[43 KB]

Ballymote2.jpg
512x294 16.7M
[44 KB]

Ballymote8.jpg
512x399 16.7M
[44 KB]



Copyright © 2005 Áine

Back to INDEX