Aine's Banner






Collooney and the Church of the Assumption.







Collooney is built on the Owenmore river 7 miles south
of Sligo Town. It is conveniently situated , just off the main
Sligo/Dublin road, on the Owenmore river. It is mostly positioned
on elevated ground which contributes to it's particular charm and appeal.


Collooney Landmark, The Teeling Monument (1898)

Located near the Sligo/Dublin rail line, alongside the
Old Collooney/Ballisodare Road, the Teeling Monument was built to
commemorate Captain Bartholomew Teeling, an Irish-born officer in
the French army and hero of the Battle of Carricknagat which was fought
nearby in (1798) the Year of the French.



Collooney, County Sligo.

Click Images below for full size Pics.
(Please wait for page to Fully Load)

Church_of_Assumption.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[54 KB]

Collooney1.jpg
447x508 16.7M
[50 KB]

Collooney2.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[56 KB]

Collooney3.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[69 KB]

Collooney5.jpg
508x383 16.7M
[58 KB]

Markree_Castle.jpg
600x450 16.7M
[73 KB]

Methodist_Church.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[86 KB]

Ocean_FM.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[59 KB]

St_Pauls.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[59 KB]

Teeling1.jpg
348x582 16.7M
[78 KB]

Teeling2.jpg
450x600 16.7M
[68 KB]

Teeling3.jpg
650x488 16.7M
[94 KB]



Copyright © 2006 Áine

Back to INDEX