Situated alongside the main Sligo/
This is one of the finest Court Cairns in Ireland.
Built in the 3rd. millianium B.C., it consists of a wedge-shaped mound with a burial chamber opening
off the central courts.
Near the narrow end of the mound are two further graves (passage graves?) Among the grave goods
discovered by the Fourth Harvard Archaeological Expedition in 1935, were flint arrowheads and polished
In the early Christian period, iron was smelted in the central court.
Copyright © 2006 Áine